Sorry, no new posts for a couple of days, 5 hours on a snorkel/sailing tour and parts of me did not get info suntan lotion. Burnt, burnt burnt! Staying inside for a few days. Debbie
This is a great place for all you coffee lovers. They have a bunch of different coffee drinks and they sell their own roasted coffee for $16 a lb. I don't drink coffee so the only reason we tried this place is Greg won a free lunch there. He received a drink, sandwich and dessert from a radio contest. Funny thing about the sandwich - they only have 1 Yes that's right - 1 (ONE) sandwich. It's a Panini and you have your choice of 1 meat and one cheese for $8. You can add on extra meat for another $2 - I would recommend this. The sandwich comes with meat, cheese and a mayo/pesto sauce. That's it. No lettuce, tomatoes or anything else. Greg said his iced coffee was good. Here is our Panini Sandwiches - we both ordered bacon: They have several different desserts from Carrot Cake, brownies and their homemade icecream. They have 7 different flavors. I forgot to take a picture of the menu, but they have a ...
I had heard there were snakes on the island. Hawaii has none! We found this little guy winding it's way across our parking lot at the condo. We had a bunch of groceries so I didn't think of taking a picture of it until a few minutes later and by then it had moved it's self under some bushes. It is only about a foot in length. I can honestly say that I have not seen a snake in the wild in over 30 years.
Before I moved here, I kept trying to find out information on grocery stores and the price of gas ($2.50 a gallon). What I found out is: There are 2 Eldon's grocery store and another grocery store I haven't been to and can't remember the name. Eldon's is a typical old fashioned grocery store. They carry almost everything you need. They have their generic brand called Essence - which is reasonably priced. They carry small household appliances - but they are more expensive than Walmart. We had to buy a coffee pot today for our little rental room and the least expensive one was $24. They have your regular drugstore products - soaps, shampoos, bandaids that type of stuff, plus hair dye and straighteners. I'll describe the pictures: Donuts and pastries - the donuts are a little over $1 each. Meats and cheese at good prices, the ham we had was $4.40 a lb. They have a wide variety of meats and cheeses that they will cut in chunks or slice f...
Ouch hope you heal quickly. Thanks for all the posts - now rest well!
ReplyDelete